I have tried hundreds of different apps both on the iPhone and the iPad trying to find the best apps for dentistry. I thought I would share the 10 apps I use pretty much everyday.
1) Flashair. Used to transfer photos from my Flashair SD card so that I can show patients their photos within seconds of taking them.
2) Google photo. I use this to manage and sort my photos into patient specific albums.
3) Adobe Photoshop express google photo has some basic editing capabilities but it cannot reverse mirror shots so I use this free version of Photoshop for this.
4) Adobe fill and sign. This is how I get patients to sign consent forms onto the iPad where they get saved as a PDF in iBooks.
5) Dental patient education. Such a great app for helping to explain certain conditions or treatments to patients. It has hundreds of high quality animations. I really like the RCT one, the perio one and the various ones showing different problems with the TMJ. The full app is expensive but there is a free mini version you can try first.
6) Google keep. This has recently taken over the duties of my "To Do list". I will explain it in my detail in my upcoming book review of "the productivity ninja".
7) Audible. I have gained so much knowledge and inspiration from the audiobooks I have been listening to on my commute.
8) Podcasts. When I have finished an audiobook or just want to listen to something different I choose a podcast instead.
9) Facebook. So many dental forums and knowledge to be gained via them.
10) Weebly. This was how I created my website and the app is useful for creating blog posts, tracking comments and number of visitors.
So there you have the 10 apps I use practically everyday. I have lots of others that I use between once a week and once a year. Three other apps worth a mention are:
1) Adobe spark post. Another free offer by Adobe that allows you to simply overlay text on images.
2) I watermark. This is how I add my watermark to photos being posted on the forums.
3) google drive. How I store and share documents such as my new pt packs and consent forms. A link to my google drive can be found here:
If you have any particular favourite apps I would love to hear about them.
Dr Chris Harper