So we are now half way through 2017 and I have written 22 book reviews so far this year! Some books have been pretty bland but others have been so amazing that they have revolutionised my thinking. Here is my list of the 10 books that have been most influential on my mind/life in the last 6 months.
10) Ask Gary Vee. Others on this list may be more thought provoking but this list wouldn't exist if I hadn't listened to the latest book by Gary Vaynerchuk back in January on my audible free trial. It gave me the motivational kick start to create my website and take my blogging to the next level.
Or purchase here: https://amzn.to/2vGHVA1
9) Sapiens. A fascinating book with so many enlightening insights into human history and culture.
8) The Miracle Morning Routine. Great if you want to learn how to make the most of the best time of the day and make yourself healthier, happier and less stressed.
7) Hooked (or alternatively thinking fast and slow). If you want to have an understanding of why people act the way they do then definitely read this.
6) E myth. I haven't really implemented much from the E myth as of yet but if I owned a business then this would be one I return to time and again.
5) 4DX. Goal setting and team leadership boiled down to make it simple, executable and clear.
4) Black box thinking. Essential reading for all dentists in my opinion. Learn why we fail, how to accept failure rather than ignore it and thrive because of the lessons you gain from it.
3) Start with why. It doesn't matter what kind of business you are in. If you don't know your why then everything else is complex. Simplify your life by working out your why.
2) How to have a good day. If you want to read one book from this list that gives you a good summary of many of the important concepts of most of the others I would choose this one. So many evidence based actionable ideas to help you reduce stress and make progress.
And the book that has had the biggest influence on my thinking this year is....
1) Productivity ninja. I have talked about this book many times and have expanded on the ideas contained in it in multiple ways. People regularly ask me how I have time to be a full time dentist, be a husband and a father to 3 children as well as publish 4 blog posts per week. The answer is by implementing the ideas from this book.
Dr Chris Harper