It’s always nice to hear patients being complementary about my work or manner or the practice as a whole. Yesterday I had a lady really genuinely enthusing that I was the best dentist she had ever found. It really made my morning.
All I did was a checkup but I guess the key is that I did a “proper checkup”, which for me means:
1) taking a bit more time, explaining what I am doing,
2) creating and then explaining a personalised exam report (http://www.drchrisharper.co.uk/blog/exam-reports),
3) taking photos which are transferred to the iPad and shown to the patient (http://www.drchrisharper.co.uk/blog/flashair-app),
4) doing photo consent on the iPad (http://www.drchrisharper.co.uk/blog/march-31st-2017) ,
5) giving proper OHI using an OHI postcard (http://www.drchrisharper.co.uk/blog/ohi-postcards)
6) and visually explaining it with a demo model (http://www.drchrisharper.co.uk/blog/how-to-create-a-custom-demo-model)
7) and for this lady also discussing whitening and providing a whitening info sheet for her to take away as she was interested in that (a version of my consent forms http://www.drchrisharper.co.uk/blog/consent-forms-my-biggest-impact-post-of-2016).
It feels great that all of the ideas I have honed over the last few years are really coming together to create an experience that patients find to be thorough but not overwhelming.
Dr Chris Harper