As discussed in a previous post, I have decided to do a quick summary of my main activities and learning points each month. By creating this summary it helps me to reflect on my learning and might help to point others in the direction of posts they may have missed. In March I have:
1) How to be a productivity ninja - A truly revolutionary book that has already had a massive impact on my day to day life. I have got rid of my old to do lists and adopted the google keep app instead. I also now deliberately set aside time for daily and weekly planning.
2) A Practical Guide to Mentoring - A useful little summary of this topic for anybody considering wanting to teach or mentor others.
1) Extreme Ownership - A very interesting business/leadership book from the perspective of Navy Seals.
2) A couple of Harvard Business review books mainly talking about how to creat value/profit in different ways. Some of this inspired me to write my post about how I have increased my private turnover.
3) Podcasts by Dental Hacks, The dental guys, Dentalpreneur, Life and Dentistry (a new podcast created by dental students). I have also enjoyed some non dental listening time with podcasts by Gary Vaynerchuk, Tony Robbins, The infinite Monkey Cage.
1) An Optident/Dentinal Tubules workshop on sectional matrices. From this I have discovered some lovely new composite polishers
2) A meeting with my financial consultant from Wesleyan who manage my pension planning and income protection policies. Although I knew I didn't need to make any changes to any of my planning or policies I find that having a meeting planned helps me to consider my finances regularly which is a very important thing to do.
I have really enjoyed sharing quite a few more of my original ideas in my blog this month regarding:
Modifying your loupes
Best iPad apps
Post op instructions
New pt packs
I have also created a YouTube page to allow me to creat the odd video tip. The first one being about how to use the adobe fill and sign app for singing consent forms on the iPad.
If you want to find out more about any of these points please have a look through my recent blog posts here:
Dr Chris Harper